1. Our commitment
KoruConnect (Kerkhofweg 1, 1740 Ternat) is an organisation that facilitates the development of people, teams and organisations. The owner is Nele De Peuter, you can reach her at nele[at]koruconnect.com or at +32 496 55 70 31.
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to processing your personal data in a fair, lawful and transparent manner.
The goal of this policy is to make explicit the information we gather, how we will use it, and how we will not. This policy is unfortunately longer than we would like, as we aim to unambiguously address all the relevant cases. We will try and keep the language simple and direct as much as possible.
We may amend this Policy from time to time, for example in response to new processing activities by KoruConnect BV. We therefore advise you to regularly check this Policy for any changes. The most up-to-date version will always be posted on our website.
2. The data we process
We need certain information from you in order to offer you the right services. The information we request and collect that allows us to identify you is called personal data. Below we will explain how we collect certain personal data and for what purposes.
2.1 Information that you provide us with
i. Data we collect for the purpose of our performance as service provider
As soon as you contact us as a customer or a prospective client for one or more of our services, we collect additional information about you. We ask you for information like your name, contact number, email address, company name, address and VAT Number.
If you contact us by telephone, email or website, we may record your details in order to build up a contact list and if necessary to use it for our further services to you.
If you give us a business card, you also give us permission to be included in our database until such time as you inform us that you wish to withdraw your permission.
ii. Event registrations and other form submissions
We record information that you submit when you
(i) register for any event, including webinars, training or seminars;
(ii) subscribe to our newsletter or any other mailing list;
(iii) submit a form in order to download any product, whitepaper, or other materials;
(iv) participate in contests or respond to surveys; or
(v) submit a form to request client support, get a quote or to contact KoruConnect for any other purpose.
We only publish testimonials with written consent, usually via an evaluation form (on paper or electronically). Depending on the permission you give, we will publish your testimonial anonymously, with your first name or full name. If you want to edit or remove your testimonial, please contact Nele (nele[at]koruconnect.com).
iv. Interactions with KoruConnect BV
Wij kunnen je interacties met ons, met inbegrip van e-mail-, telefoon- en chatgesprekken, registreren, analyseren en gebruiken om onze interacties met jou en andere klanten te verbeteren.
We may record, analyse and use your interactions with us, including email, telephone, and chat conversations for improving our interactions with you and other clients.
v. Payment processing
When you buy something from us online, we ask you to provide your name, contact information, and credit card information or other payment account information. When you submit your card information, we may store the name and address of the cardholder, the expiry date and the last four digits of the credit card number. We do not store the actual credit card number.
2.2 Information we collect automatically
i. Information from browsers, devices and servers
When you visit our website, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices and servers make available, such as the internet protocol address, browser type, language preference, time zone, referring URL, date and time of access, operating system, mobile device manufacturer and mobile network information. We include these in our log files to understand more about visitors to our websites.
ii. Information from cookies and other tracking technologies
Collection of data for general research and analytical purposes
Enabling, disabling and deleting cookies
Alternatively, you can of course block cookies or refuse to give permission for them to be placed on your computer. Most web browsers can be set so that cookies are not accepted. The way you can do this depends on the browser you use. Please note that certain parts of the website may not function properly or at all if you block cookies. More information about enabling, disabling and deleting cookies can be found in the instructions and/or by using the help function of your browser.
iii. Information via social media widgets
Our websites contain social media widgets, such as Facebook “like” buttons and Twitter “tweet” buttons, that allow you to share articles and other information. These widgets may collect information such as your IP address and the pages you view on the website and may set a cookie to enable the widgets to function properly. Your interactions with these widgets are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
2.3 Information we collect indirectly or via third parties
i. Publicly available data
We may collect data that is public, because it is generally known or publicly available or subject to mandatory publication. Examples include:
- press articles
- an appointment as director of a company
- information on your website
- information published by the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises
- information published in the Belgian Official Journal
ii. Information from social media sites and other publicly available sources
Wanneer je feedback of beoordelingen over onze producten geeft, met ons communiceert of met ons in contact treedt op marktplaatsen, beoordelingssites of sociale mediasites zoals onder meer Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn en Instagram door middel van berichten, opmerkingen, vragen en andere interacties, kunnen wij dergelijke openbaar beschikbare informatie verzamelen, inclusief profielinformatie, om ons in staat te stellen met jou in contact te treden, onze producten te verbeteren, de reacties en problemen van gebruikers beter te begrijpen, of om je feedback te reproduceren en op onze websites te publiceren. We moeten je erop wijzen dat deze informatie, zodra deze is verzameld, bij ons kan blijven, zelfs als je deze van deze sites verwijdert.
When you provide feedback or reviews about our products, interact, or engage with us on marketplaces, review sites or social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram through posts, comments, questions and other interactions, we may collect such publicly available information, including profile information, to allow us to connect with you, improve our products, better understand user reactions and issues, or to reproduce and publish your feedback on our websites. We must inform you that once collected, this information may remain with us even if you delete it from these sites.
3. Sensitive information
In accordance with the law, we will not collect or process certain data. This concerns in particular the following data:
- data concerning minors
- personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership
- genetic or biometric data (e.g. fingerprints)
- data concerning health
- data relating to sexual behaviour or orientation.
If such sensitive personal data were to be provided to us, we will not use them and delete them.
4. Transfer of personal data
In principle, we do not pass on personal data to other parties. Only employees within our organisation can consult your personal data and only within the framework of the job or assignment they are performing.
Exceptions to this rule are the following:
- Certain third parties that we work with may be able to view your personal data depending on the situation. These are, for example: ICT service providers and hosting companies, ICT cloud tools such as Zoho, freelance trainers and coaches,… . The access to your data is limited to the data they need to perform their task. Moreover, these parties are also subject to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
- If a legal or judicial obligation requires us to share your data with public authorities.
- If we have your permission to share your data.
5. Storage of your personal data
Term of storage
We will keep your data for the period necessary to provide you with the right services and as long as it is necessary to comply with all legal and tax obligations.
The security of your data
Your data will be treated in a secure way. Therefore, we use various security technologies and measures to adequately protect your data against unauthorised access, use, loss or disclosure. These technologies and measures are tested at regular intervals and adjusted if necessary.
6. Your rights to ensure the protection of your personal data
In accordance and under the conditions of the Belgian Privacy Law and the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation, we inform you of the rights you have:
- The right of access: you have the right to inspect the data we have on you free of charge, and to find out what we use it for..
- The right to rectification: you have the right to request the correction of any inaccurate personal data as well as the completion of incomplete personal data.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons. However, please note that you cannot oppose the processing of personal data which are necessary for us to carry out any legal obligation, the performance of the contract or our legitimate interest, and this as long as these data are necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. In addition, you always have the right to oppose the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes, in which case you do not even have to give reasons. For example, you can unsubscribe at any time from a newsletter or interest list to which you have previously subscribed.
- The right to data portability: you have the right to obtain the personal data you have provided us with in a structured, common and machine-readable form. You have the right to transfer this data to another data controller.
- The right to withdraw consent: if the processing of the personal data is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent. These personal data will then only be processed if we have another legal basis for it.
- The right of restriction of processing: you can request that the processing of your personal data be restricted. If you believe that we are processing your personal data on an unlawful basis, you can request that we restrict the processing. This means that we may only continue to process your personal data with your permission. We may continue to store your personal data, but may not perform any further processing on it without your consent, unless this is necessary for legal proceedings, for the protection of individuals or legal entities for important reasons of public interest.
- The right to exercise your rights: If you wish to exercise one or more of these rights, please contact us at the above contact address and clearly specify which right you wish to exercise. In that case, please provide proof of identity so that we can identify you if necessary.
- The right to file a complaint: If you believe that your data is being incorrectly handled, you can file a complaint with a supervisory authority.